Sometimes you want fast pain relief without the major side effects of traditional medicine, and that’s why patients turn to cannabis. But sometimes, you want those natural benefits without the “high” associated with smoking marijuana or cannabis edibles. It’s for those occasions that Arizona Organix carries a trusted selection of cannabis topicals.
What are Cannabis Topicals?
Topicals are products that contain active cannabinoids (usually CBD, but sometimes THC and natural terpenes as well). They are applied directly to the skin and are absorbed transdermally. These products are often used for localized pain relief but, as more research is conducted on the physiological effects of cannabis, more uses are being discovered for topical products. These include:
- Muscle soreness
- Burn relief
- Therapeutic massage
- Sexual enhancement
What Topical Products are Available?
There are many topicals for sale in Arizona, and more are being introduced to the market every day. The most common include:
- Salves – A mess-free option for intense pain relief that is absorbed very quickly
- Lotions – Topical cannabis lotion is a good choice for general pain, and it has the added benefit of moisturizing and conditioning the skin
- Oils – Perfect for fast relief in dry, chapped areas or massaging sore muscles over large areas.
- Patches – An outlier in topicals, cannabis transdermal patches contain powerful yet natural pain relieving agents that are slowly released over several hours either day or night. Unlike other topicals, THC can be absorbed slowly into the bloodstream to offer extended relief from nerve pain or aid in sleeping for those with insomnia.
- Cannabis-infused bath salts, lip balms, creams and scrubs – These are typically aromatic and soothing for many skin ailments.
What are the Benefits of Topicals?
Most topicals offer cannabis patients a means of enjoying the therapeutic effects of cannabinoids without the euphoric “high.” Topicals are absorbed into skin cells and nerve endings, but do not find their way into the bloodstream (with the exception of some transdermal patches.) This can be ideal for athletes with sore muscles that are subject to drug testing or MMJ patients who want relief while working or performing activities that require their full focus.
Topicals also allow for symbiosis with other additives such as essential oils or warming agents to maximize effects. These products can have desirable side effects like reducing irritation, moisturizing aging skin or fighting infections.
Finally, patients choose cannabis-infused topicals because they carry none of the side effects found in many prescription medications. Patients can use these products as often as they need without fear of dependency or other undesirable concerns.
Different topicals offer different benefits, so it’s best to experiment with several Arizona Organix topicals before settling into a favorite. We wish you the best of luck in finding the product that’s perfect for you, and we are always here to help if you need some guidance.